At the moment we can still upgrade to Windows 10 for Free
How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
- Visit the Windows 10 download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
- If you are upgrading a laptop ensure it is plugged into the mains
- Click the ‘Download Tool now‘ button to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Open the Media Creation Tool and Accept the license terms.
- Select the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option and click Next.
- You will then be prompted as to whether you wish keep everything or start from scratch. Select to Keep all apps and files and continue.
- Once you click on the Install button, Windows 10 install will begin. This process can take quite a while and the computer will restart several times. If it is a laptop ensure it is plugged in.
- After Windows 10 is finished installing, connect to the internet and open Settings > Windows Update> Activation and the PC will be activated with a digital license. You can also enter your Windows 7 or Windows 8.x product key and activate Windows 10 if the device is not already activated.
Remember it only works if you are using a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
During the upgrade process, Windows will connect to Microsoft’s activation servers and your PC acquires a digital license or entitlement of Windows 10.
You’ll see “Windows is activated with a digital license” message on Windows activation page (Settings > Update & security > Activation).
By following this guide, you will receive a digital license valid for the life of the hardware. The digital license is associated with the device and unless the hardware is changed.